Thursday, December 14, 2017

How to Make a Cadillac Margarita

glass filled with a cadillac margaritaTequila is my friend and I’m not afraid to admit it. I like tequila. I like the flavor. I like it on the rocks. I like it as a shot. I especially like it in a margarita. A regular margarita is tasty. But if you want the best of the best either order one up or learn how to make a Cadillac Margarita.

Bar Time

I’ve spent quite a bit of time in bars. Yeah, newsflash right? Actually, a lot of my time spent in bars has been as a bartender. I mean, I’ve spent plenty of time in bars as a customer too. However, I’ve been lucky enough to sling drinks in bars from the West Coast to Key West.

The reason I’m mentioning this is that I’m talking about mixing a drink. A damn delicious drink. Mixing a quality cocktail like a Cadillac Margarita is more than simply slopping some alcohol together. There is definitely a craft to the successful mixing of quality cocktails. I’ll do my best to share what I consider the right way to do it.

How to Make a Cadillac Margarita the Right Way

If you want to learn how to make a Cadillac Margarita, read on. It is quite simple. Sadly, some people just don’t do it right. They think that all you have to do to make a regular margarita a Cadillac is to use Grand Marnier instead of the usual triple sec or the higher quality triple sec brand liqueur Cointreau. Nothing against triple sec or Cointreau. In fact, Cointreau is a fine liqueur and is great for many cocktails. But not for the drink that I’m talking about.

In my opinion, to make the best cocktails you have to use superior ingredients. All the way around. Don’t pay a quality price for a cocktail and end up getting a sub-par drink.

Use Top Quality Tequila

The usual way that many make a standard margarita is to use tequila, triple sec, and sour mix. A step up from this is to use fresh lime juice. If fresh lime juice is used it would be a shame to use rail tequila and triple sec. Fresh lime juice calls for a call tequila like Jose Cuervo Silver or Sauza Silver or a premium tequila brand like Milagro Silver or Corazon Blanco. If you use any of the tequilas I mentioned or comparable tequilas then you should also upgrade your well triple sec to Cointreau.

I’m now going to tell you the best way I know how to make a Cadillac margarita.

You want a premium tequila but you don’t have to go crazy here. We’re making a cocktail, we’re not sipping straight tequila. So, besides the ones I already mentioned, you could go for Herradura Blanco or Hornitos Plata.

Stick with freshly squeezed lime juice. The difference between fresh squeezed versus sour mix or limeade or some other lime concoction is huge. Don’t skimp here. Go with freshly squeezed lime juice.

Grand Marnier is a Must

Grand Marnier is a requirement. Grand Marnier is not triple sec though it is similar. The difference is brandy versus neutral spirits. Grand Marnier is made using brandy.

Use cubed ice. Crushed ice melts too quickly you’ll end up with a diluted Cadillac margarita. That’s the last thing you want.

For the rim of your glass, do not use regular table salt. It is too fine. Use margarita salt. The crystals are larger and more coarse.

To begin, chill your cocktail glass. You can use a “margarita glass” or a rocks glass. After you’ve chilled the glass, take a fresh lime wedge and rub it around the rim of your glass. Now, place the rim of the glass in your margarita salt. Don’t twist the glass, you want a decent amount of the salt adhering to the rim. After rimming the glass, fill it with fresh cubed ice.

stemmed glass filled with margaritaFinally…The Mixing

Now, fill your cocktail shaker with cubed ice. Add an ounce and a half of your premium tequila, add one ounce of Grand Marnier and three-fourths of an ounce of freshly squeezed lime juice. Shake well and then strain into your ice filled, salt-rimmed cocktail glass. To complete this incredibly tasty cocktail simply add a “float” of the Grand Marnier. All float means is to lightly pour a small amount of the liqueur around the top of your cocktail. Garnish with a fresh lime wedge.

 

Now comes the best part…drink your Cadillac Margarita!

home page

The post How to Make a Cadillac Margarita appeared first on ThingsMenBuy.com.



from ThingsMenBuy.com https://www.thingsmenbuy.com/how-to-make-a-cadillac-margarita/
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment