Monday, January 1, 2018

Craft Beers for the New Year

New Year's GreetingHoly aces and eights! Happy New Year! It is still morning. I’m still plowing through the fog of debauchery from last night. It was a night of gluttonous craft beer fun in more ways than one. However, not only is today a new day it is a brand spanking new year. Welcome, 2018. Let’s get it on!

Craft Beer Resolutions for 2018

Since it is New Year’s Day, it is fitting to have resolutions. Some may scoff and say that’s old-fashioned or pointless. I, however, am going the traditional route and am going to lay down some resolutions, goals, aspirations, or whatever the hell you want to call them. As far as 2018 is concerned, I say “Craft Beer is King!”

So much for the fanfare, let’s get to my craft beer resolutions

Drink More

#1. I Resolve to Drink More Craft Beer. Some may say that’s not possible. How can I, they might think, a drinking legend in my own mind possibly consume more craft beer? Craft brew with breakfast perhaps? Flasks of small brewery beers strapped to various body parts ready for a moment’s indulgence? Forgo food for tasty brews so the food doesn’t reduce capacity? My Gawd, has he finally perfected the art of sleep drinking?

Fear not, my friends, this resolution and some of the questions surrounding it are not as dramatic as appearances indicate. The simple truth is that liver and moderation be damned, I’m going for it. If I have a moment, I’ll pop in a place to sample something new or find a familiar liquid friend for a quick thirst quenching. Errands to run? Why not find that craft watering hole for pre and post errands. You see, it is simply a matter of maximizing every opportunity. I just need to become a more opportunistic imbiber. Yeah. I’ll go with that. Sure.

More Often and Different

#2. I Resolve to Drink Craft Beer More Often. Okay, this resolution goes with #1. You can connect the dots.

fireworks and beer celebrating 2018#3. I Resolve to Drink a Larger Variety of Craft Beer. If I see a label, a tap, or hear about a heretofore unknown to me brewery, or a known brewery putting out a new batch, I’m going to give it a shot. I’ll try it. Maybe my boundaries will be forever burst. I’ll rip through that hop horizon and explore heady new brews. I’ll be an explorer of the great craft beer frontier! If a small independent brewery brews it, I will drink it!

Craft Beer Drinking Everywhere

#4. I Resolve to Drink More Craft Beer Everywhere. That’s right. I’m a traveling man, I’ll do what I can. Wherever I go, I will ferret out local breweries and local brews with even more vigor. I’m a man on a mission and I have a thirst for new places to knock back some pints. Vacation? No.  Beer-cation? Yes! There are many tap-rooms and craft beer bars that I’ve missed. I’m putting an end to that. Every joint in every town I stop in that serves microbrews will see me coming through their doors. Put out that Welcome Mat because I’ll soon be stumbling over it!

I better stop there. Based on those four resolutions, I’m not even going to remember 2018. Hmmm, I think it’ll be a good year. Let me know how it goes. Cheers!

The post Craft Beers for the New Year appeared first on ThingsMenBuy.com.



from ThingsMenBuy.com https://www.thingsmenbuy.com/craft-beers-for-the-new-year/
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment